Fruitport High School and Family Financial Credit Union are excited to be preparing for our first year of offering a student-operated credit union. Fruitport Trojans Student Credit Union will have a Grand Opening in the Fall of 2021 to officially celebrate the new partnership and be open every Friday during the 2021-2022 school year.
Students may open personal savings accounts and conduct deposits under the close supervision of a Family Financial Credit Union employee. Several important details regarding the credit union are as follows:
- Student transactions may be completed every Friday during the school year, as well as during normal business hours at Family Financial Credit Union branches. Cash, coin, and checks listing the student as the payee will be accepted. (Please have large amounts of coin rolled).
- Individual statements are mailed to the student quarterly, reflecting their account activity and posted dividends.
- This account may continue beyond the student’s enrollment at Fruitport High School.
- Family Financial Credit Union membership is open to all individuals who live, work, worship, or attend school in Muskegon, Ottawa, Oceana, Mason, Kent, Allegan, Montcalm, or Newaygo counties, as well as their immediate family members.
- FFCU has four locations: Norton Shores, Downtown HUB, North Muskegon, and Hart as well as access to Service Center branches throughout the country.
- Free mobile/online banking.
- The following items are needed to open a Family Financial Credit Union account:
- New “Membership Account Applications” must be completely filled out in all areas that are highlighted and signed by the student. If the parent(s)/guardians are going to be on the account with the student, we will need your information in area two, as well as your signature.
- Social Security Number(s) of the student and the parent(s)/guardian if they are joint on the account.
- A copy of the parent(s)/guardian driver’s license if joint on the student’s account.
Together we’re pleased to provide an opportunity for your child to learn a basic life skill of saving money. We hope you’ll strongly encourage their participation in this hands-on savings account partnership.
Member Service Coordinator
Family Financial Credit Union